Olga Cadaval Cultural Center
Built by the architect Manuel Joaquim Norte Júnior in 1945, it was for many years a movie theater and later the theater Carlos Manuel, in the town of Sintra. In 1985, a fire partially damaged and interrupted its regular cultural activity.
In 1987 the Sintra Chamber acquired the building and began a reconstruction process, maintaining of the original architectural lines and interconnecting with the side building, an old casino that today is known as the Museum of Modern Art of Sintra.
The building is designated as Olga Cadaval Cultural Center where it aggregates all socio-cultural activity of the town of Sintra. Composed by two auditoriums, the larger auditorium Jorge Sampaio and the smaller Acácio Barreiros, it has capacity for 1200 people and allows the possibility of attending various national and international shows.
MU. SA - Museum of the Arts of Sintra
Building designed and built by the architect Norte Júnior was opened in 1924, in the age of urban expansion. It had an exhibition hall, a ballroom for parties and another one for reading and games.
Over time it has undergone several works, having been given other utilities of public interest. In 1996, architect João Paciência proposed converting it into a museum and in 1997 it hosted the various art pieces that made up the Berardo Collection of Modern and Contemporary Art.
At the moment, designated as the Museum of the Arts of Sintra, it exhibits the county’s contemporary art collection. It also has a photo zone, a municipal bookstore and a municipal gallery where temporary exhibitions of artists are presented.